TARIFF as of May 16, 2022
SCHEDULE “A” TO BY-LAW NO. 2
The rates or fares to be charged by the Brokers, Plateholders, and Drivers of Taxicabs from a point within the Area of the Commission to any other point within the Area of the Commission or from a point within the Area of the Commission to a point within five (5) kilometres beyond the Area of the Commission shall be calculated as follows, inclusive of Harmonized Sales Tax:
- If the Taximeter is not on, the ride is free.
- (a) For the first 135 metres or part thereof: $4.25
(b) For each additional 135 metres or part thereof: $0.30
(c) For each additional passenger in excess of one (charge does not apply when specific request for van): $0.50
There shall be no charge for children under twelve (12) years of age in the charge of an adult.
(d) For waiting time while under engagement for each twenty-five (25) seconds: $0.30
(a) Use of trunk or storage area: 0.50
(b) Briefcases and parcels of comparable size - if loaded or unloaded by passenger: NO CHARGE
(c) Manual wheelchairs, including loading and unloading by driver: NO CHARGE
(d) “Service” dogs accompanying special needs people: NO CHARGE
(e) Walkers used for medical reasons: NO CHARGE
(f) Large items (e.g. bicycles, skies, etc.) At the discretion of the Driver, to be agreed upon between the Driver and passenger(s) before commencement of the trip, but no less than: $2.50
(g) Delivery of any parcel or document where no passenger is carried, no less than: $6.35 (minimum charge)
- Specific request for vans for passengers (no fee for additional passengers in excess of one): $3.50
VAN REQUEST FEE DOES NOT APPLY FOR ACCESSIBLE VAN CALLS
- The Driver of a Taxicab shall pre-arrange the fare with the customer prior to commencement of the trip for flat rate trips which originate within the Area of the Commission and end more than five (5) kilometres beyond the Area of the Commission.
- Extensive cleanup charge (Taximeter printed receipt has to be issued): $100.00
NO SMOKING IN TAXICAB; AS PER SMOKE FREE ONTARIO ACT 2017
Source: Kingston Area Taxi Commission